Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day 6 of P90X - Kenpo = Ken-pooped

Sorry it's been a few days since my last post.

I didn't realize how hard a few punches and kicks could make your heart beat. I think I lost like 5 pounds in sweat alone. It did go by pretty fast though. I started concentrating on my form on all the moves more than the power since it is the first week, and I still managed to max out my heart rate at 180, which is slightly above my zone.

The diet has gotten a little lax, but we're still eating pretty healthy. We aren't following the exact meal plan laid out by P90X, but we are sticking pretty close to the portion allotments (i.e. servings of protein, carbs, fat, etc.). I've been feeling a whole lot better as far as energy goes since Michele and I decided to add a 1/2 to a whole serving of carbs to our breakfast or lunch. Before both of us were totally running out of energy at like 5 or 6 and nearly falling asleep. But we're both much better now and I still feel awesome.

Now for an update on the band. Basic tracking is done on the new 'Justin Cofield Band' EP. Which means we've finished Drums, Bass, and Electric Guitar. We'll start recording vocals Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'm really excited about my first rest/Stretch X day. I really wish I could sleep in tomorrow, but I have to be up and leave for Liberty Hill by 7:20. Maybe I'll just have to take a really good nap. Speaking of naps. I'm gonna go sleep hard in my comfy bed.

0 comments: