Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Day 2 - Yikes!

So in the last 18 hours I've worked every muscle in my body. Last night I did Chest & Back. I know I didn't work my triceps per say, but man those push ups really wore them out. I was really excited at how many pullups I was able to do in the workout. Granted they were assisted pullups with a chair a foot or so away, but still I did 8 on just about all the first round. Considering I couldn't even do a pullup during the fit test, 8 is pretty good for me.

Then there's abs... I literally couldn't finish ANY of the exercises. I paused during every set so I could do most of the reps, but still didn't get all 25. The Oblique V-ups were my favorite only because I could actually do those with some semblance of dignity. I felt a little queezy after all was said and done, but managed not to throw up on my first day of P90X.

So after doing abs last night at 9:30, I got up at 7 this morning to do my first Plyometrics. Wow, I'm tired. Not only from a little to little sleep, but mostly from all the jumping around. We doubled every waterbreak to a minute or more just because Michele and I both needed a little more of a break. I feel like I'm wimping out some of the workout cause I can technically do better, but just have nothing left to give. It is just the first week and I plan to BRING IT the rest of the time.

As far as eating goes, I feel like the portions are incredibly too much food. Yesterday I couldn't even finish the salad and barely muscled down the salmon and soup. We didn't really have time to make both the 6-egg white omelet and the shrimp stir-fry so we opted to just make the stir-fry and skip the omelet but still have the strawberries and cottage cheese. I'm just now getting hungry for lunch and I'm gonna have to eat out since I'm at the studio and have the stir-fry for dinner instead of turkey. I'm gonna do some more research this afternoon to make sure we're eating the right portion sizes. I'm just glad I don't have to workout again until tomorrow morning. I need a break.

0 comments: